About this Blog

As far as I know, there is only one collection of Arabic proverbs with English translations, which is out of print. If anyone wants a copy, they can buy it  used from Amazon for $144. 99. This just astonishes me. Due to Arabic's recent classification as a "critical language",there's been a flood of books and dictionaries of all kinds, but no one has published a new dictionary of Arabic proverbs.

So I am creating one here.to help me and other learners of Arabic experience and deepen our knowledge of the language and culture. I'm hoping for lots of reader participation to help me collect proverbs and ensure that the translations are accurate if you have any Proverbs you would like to contribute please leave a comment. 

2 comments:

  1. This is a great blog. Thanks so much for all the hard work. I am trying to make an Arabic version of the Japanese card game Karuta and for me and my friends to practice with. Your website was a great source of inspiration! If/when I finish the cards, I can send you a copy. :) http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Karuta

    ReplyDelete